Featured Posts

Clandon Park fire - Report says electrical distribution board fault...

July 2, 2019

A fire that reduced the 18th century Clandon park mansion was started accidentally and probably caused by a fault in an electrical distribution board, a report has said.

 

Thousands of items were feared lost in the fire on April 29th at the Grade-1 listed stately home near Guildford, Surrey.

 

A Surrey fire and rescue (FRS) report said the most likely cause was "a resistance heating fault on a neutral bar in the electrical distribution board" in a basement cupboard.

 

It said "This electrical connection would have repeatedly overheated, when subject to sufficient electrical load, ever since the distribution board was fitted".

 

www.cshthermalimagingltd.com

 

Full article here...

There is a big chance that a thermal imaging survey would of picked up this issue, whilst the electrical system is under load, a resistance heating fault can be defined in as much as whenever an electrical current flows through a material that has some resistance, it creates heat, in extreme cases, unfortunately like this accident resistive heating can literally melt the cables.

 

 

 

 

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn
Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload

Archive
Please reload

Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square